Hey Mixer Creators – in the midst of your switch between platforms, we wanted to follow up on our promises. Today we’ve launched both Partner Status Syncing and Clips Import, and they are now available to all Mixer users. Special thanks to Comfimus and Pfeiffer on helping us test this! Your clips import will even work if you are not a Partner and had access to Clips.
Hopefully, this comes as some good news in the time of uncertainty you are experiencing.
In order for this to work, you must sync your Mixer account. As long as the mixer clips are playable on your Mixer profile, they will automatically be synced to your Medal account, in addition to your Partner status. If you had already synced your Mixer, feel free to un-sync it and try again. If you want to contact support if you have any further issues, feel free to!
We’ve already welcomed so many of you on the platform in the last few weeks and are excited to welcome more of you. The community is truly what made Mixer such a special place to be, and we’re hoping to continue that down here at Medal. I am very glad you’re here, and we’re not going anywhere 🙂
So, in closing, here are the things Medal is doing to support you:
1) We are allowing all Mixer Partners to create and start using Medal as Partners on the platform. This will allow us to help showcase your clips on our platform as well as provide you additional tools to ensure your success.
2) We have created this guide https://support.medal.tv/en/support/solutions/articles/48001146549 that will show you how to easily clip your gameplay when streaming and utilize it for discoverability and reach on the platform you now choose to call home.
3) We have enabled donation links on clips. When showcasing your clips on Medal you will be able to seamlessly accept donations via the platform of your choice whether it be PayPal, StreamLabs, etc…
4) We are dedicating resources to allow for you to save all of your clips you have stored on Mixer with today’s announcement.
5) Long Term, we at Medal are also implementing a Discovery page for Mixer streamers to help with your transition to a new platform and get your channel noticed, so its important to link your account as soon as possible to get that jump start.
PS: If you continue streaming on Twitch, you can still sync all your clips using our Chrome Extension.
Alternatively, you can also run Medal next to your game, both when you’re streaming and when you’re not streaming.